Thursday, March 6, 2008

IF I COULD GO BACK IN TIME, I'D LOVE TO GO BACK TO...

Hmmm... this one is a thinker for me. I'm too practical to go back to most time periods for long, knowing that the, er, hygeine of the time could be rather offputting. But I'll just jump through time for a bit and see what I like.

I'd like to spend some time in the 1920's. I love the fashion and attitudes of that time. Free (except for the booze of course) and fun. The beginning of talking movies. No income taxes - yet.

I would also like to spend a weekend at Versaille at the Court. What an opulant world. After seeing the movie 'Marie Antoinette' I am fascinated by the riches and luxury of that time. Before the revolution of course. And only a weekend, or a long weekend perhaps, because as lovely as it looks - it also seems to be a little boring after a while.

And finally - I'd like to go back to about... the late 1500's early 1600's, because back then, my body type of curves and large bossom would make me a supermodel! Or perhaps, a painter's muse. I think Rubens and I would have gotten along very well.

Oh, and no matter what time I visit - I want to go back with lots of money in my purse, because there is pretty much no period in history where it was good to be poor.

I think I'm a product of my time. Must be why even though I read lots of historicals, I write contemporary (or contemporary fantasy).

Have a historic week!

-Rowan

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mari said...

LOL!!! Me too! I want to be the super model....plus sized!

March 10, 2008 at 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home