Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Guilty Pleasure Is...

I refuse to feel guilty about anything I get pleasure out of.

Wait, does eating an entire box of Junior Mints while I write count as a guilty pleasure? I certainly feel guilty when I tip the box for more minty-chocolately goodness and nothing comes out.

Otherwise, I won't feel guilty about loving ballroom dancing. The costumes, the makeup, the dance, the movement. I'm proud to say I know the difference between American Smooth and International Standard and American Rhythm and International Latin and I'm not afraid to talk about it.

I guess you could call "Moonlight" a guilty pleasure, but really, how can you feel guilty watching a hunky conflicted vampire pine for love?

And maybe a forty-something woman shouldn't admit to loving metal music but I have two teen boys and, rather than turn my nose up at something they love, I found a way to enjoy it with them. And the hunks who sling guitars certainly aren't hard on the eyes. Check out the lead singer for Bullett for My Valentine. I also have a thing for emo-screamo. Yes, I like skinny, pale guys like Gerard Way who lament everything from losing their girlfriend to losing their life.

Okay, so maybe I should feel a little guilty for loving anything with Bruce Campbell. I mean "Evil Dead" and "Army of Darkness" are definitely guilty pleasures. But "Burn Notice" is pretty damn good.

This last one I lay on my mom. I love old films with Troy Donahue and Sandra Dee and Connie Stevens. "A Summer Place" "Parrish" "Susan Slade." Just thinking about how cheesey they seem today makes me smile because I still love them.

Steph

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Judi Fennell said...

guilty pleasures? Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, Jordan Almonds, romantic comedies and Fabio book covers. (Come on - you knew I had to get him in there somewhere!)

February 21, 2008 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Julian said...

The only thing you should feel guilty about there is that Fabio guy!!!

February 21, 2008 at 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home