Monday, February 18, 2008

My Guilty Pleasure Is


My guilty pleasure is my love for Nascar. People always give me a weird look when I tell them I love Nascar. Maybe it's because I am a total city girl living in the heart of Chicago... I don't know.
The new race season just started and I now have something to look forward to on weekends. I love watching all of it... the pre race show, the drivers analysis, and even the Nascar themed commercials. I love the sounds of the cars racing around the track past the cameras. (Even though it's fast and dangerous, there's almost something soothing about it too.) And yes, I'll admit that seeing Carl Edwards and Jamie McMurray in their racing suits gets my own engine running... lol (Sorry, that was REALLY bad, but I couldnt help myself!).


I was lucky enough to ride in a Nascar a few years ago. I got to go 170 miles per hour around the track at the Joliet Speedway here in Illinois twice. Once I climbed out the window of the car to turn in my helmet I couldn't walk a straight line to save my life I was so dizzy. It was awesome and I'd love to do it again someday. I also made a quick sidetrip to the Daytona Speedway in 2006 when I was leaving RT. I had to get my pic taken in front of the sign and go take a look at the track in person.


So if you are flipping thru the tv channels on a weekend and see Nascar on, chances are I am in my recliner watching the race. And chances are I'll have a big happy grin on my face too...lol


Annmarie


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home