Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Managing "real" life with a "writing" life


Yeah. right. I suck at managing my own schedule. I can manage other people like my kids, a small online staff, hubby, but as for myself...I can tend to be of the thought "Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow." This is why deadlines set by someone else works for me. If I set my own, I always break them. But if EC gave me a deadline (like the deadline for my Opal story is April 1), I can usually complete that fine.


I write when I feel like it. Sounds bad, but it is true. I have a family, house, pets, kids, etc. I write when I am motivated to do so. I get free time during the week when everyone is off at school or work, and I write...or read...or work on a website...go shopping...or sleep...etc. There is life other than writing. (Pictured are my kids. You tell me, do they look like they'd be a handfull? Actually the one holding the puppy is the most challenging...I am serious.)


Speaking of which, I am starting my own online business. It is a site created to promote authors of paranormal erotica/erotic romance. That is what it is called, http://www.paranormalerotica.com/. The idea is to spotlight this subgenre through the authors and their books. It will be a one stop shop for readers who love their hot reads with a touch of magic. The grand opening is March 1. This is my "job" outside my actual writing.


As for my writing, I am working on a synopsis for my Presents entry in the Instant Seduction contest on http://www.iheartpresents.com/ I just love my story. I named it Seduced by the Italian Millionaire. Yeah, totally a Presents title. I have worked on the chapter for a few weeks to make sure it is as good as it can be. I do have more beyond chapter one, but I wanted the entry to be nice and polished. I just want to have my story before their editors and be intriguing for them to contact me to give more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Hi Mari,
The kids look cute! Good luck on meeting your deadline and your new job.
Hugs!
Lisa

February 6, 2008 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger Hot Ash Romance Novels said...

Your kids are adorable! One of them has a good set of tonsils too! LOL.

Ash

February 7, 2008 at 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home