Sunday, July 6, 2008

I refuse!

I refuse to get older! I knew it was bad when I suddenly got sleepy during Leno. After all, I spent most of my youth angry that I wasn't allowed to stay up and watch Carson.

Now if I don't get sleep, I am exhausted the next day and I need a nap. I'm sure I used to protest naps. Now I protest when I can't have one.

Yesterday I got back from 4th of July at the beach and decided to go running to counteract my food indulgence while I was gone.

Did a little sprint halfway through my 3 miles and strained a hip flexor. Hobbled back home. Hobbled around the house. Hissed with every twinge.

Finally today I pulled out an old yoga dvd and did the hip and thigh section. I feel better (two days worth of Advil later), but I can't help but hope this isn't a precursor of more to come.

Running is the only thing that seems to work for me, as far as exercise goes. Lately I bounce from one injury to another. Not good. Maybe if I could suspend myself in mid-air and run with no footfalls, I'd stay healthy?

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Julian said...

I hear you about the running, Catherine, I love to but my knees always give me trouble. But it so good to get out on a warm day and just let your mind wander.

July 7, 2008 at 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home