Monday, June 23, 2008

Michael McDermott inspires me


When I write I tend to listen to music by Michael McDermott. (Note* Michael MCDERMOTT, not to be confused with Michael McDonald...lol). Michael is from the Chgo area and I met him back in the early 1990s. He has got to be the most talented man I have ever met. He is an amazing musician, song writer and lyricist. With just a few lines of lyrics he can make my heart race or tears form in my eyes. His music is influenced by so many factors... religion (he grew up Irish Catholic), love, lust, drinking, dreams, lost love... I wish everyone knew him or at least got to hear his music. His website is http://www.michael-mcdermott.com/. Or if you want a real treat, go search him on Youtube and check out some of his videos and live performances. I highly recommend the songs Dance With Me, Arm Yourself, and A Wall I Must Climb. If they have a copy of Just West of Eden don't blink or you'll miss me cuz I'm in that video, dancing in the crowd.

If you check him out let me know what you think...

and btw... he is also bursting with fruit flavor... (my bad Mari...lol)

happy listening

Annmarie

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home