Friday, May 30, 2008

The week from hell

Is it over yet? Is May almost finished? From this week's posts, it sounds like the Passion's Muses have faced some challenges. I have definitely been struggling as well. I, too, am trying to look at the positive side of a rejection. My muse isn't cooperating as she should on a book that's due in a month. And I'm just overwhelmed in general, and the idea that the kids will be out of school in just a few days doesn't exactly inspire feelings of calmness and serenity.

My motto for the past few weeks has become the lyric from the Kanye West song: "Now that that don't kill me...Will only make me stronger..."

Things are starting to look a little brighter. My current release, the anthology Sins of Summer, has been on the Amazon erotica bestseller list for a solid month (isn't that cool!?). I've been rewriting the rejected ms like a madwoman. I'm heading off to a girls' relaxation weekend at a retreat in Colorado. And, last but not least, I have another winner for deck of the Ellora's Cave Golden Age of Hollywood Playing Cards and a download copy of Sins of the Knight. It's Yvonne! Congratulations!

Next time I post, it'll be June...and hopefully smoother sailing for all the Muses.

hugs,
Dawn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home