Thursday, May 29, 2008

PMS writing

So, time suckage sucks as does rejection and refusal.

Some days everything sucks about writing.

Then again, some days everything sucks BUT writing.

I've been in a bad mood all week. Don't even try to talk to me. It won't be pretty.

Why so bitchy? Besides PMS?

An overabundance of projects. Which is not a bad thing. Really, it's not. And I should be much happier about it.

I've just finished revisions on my third SEDUCED story. I've almost finished my fifth SEDUCED story. I just started revisions for my agent on another project. I have two freelance articles to write. And (hope I don't jinx myself) so far they're all going along pretty well.

But there's this sword hanging over my head and it's got School's Out written on the blade. It signals the death of my creativity as I try to write through the yelling, the fighting, the guitar playing, the TV noise and the front door banging as kids tramp through my house.

I think the PMS will last for the next three months.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Ericka Scott said...

I feel for you....my preschooler's are out (it was only 2 days a week, but it was MY time) and as of 5 June, my teenager will be out of school too....a summer of bored kids. Ugh.

May 29, 2008 at 6:45 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

See if your local YMCA has a program for the summer. That's what I did. My kids are out of my hair and spending their days swimming and doing all sorts of activities from trips to Chuck E Cheese and roller skating. And the YMCA camps are pretty affordable too.

May 30, 2008 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Julian said...

Ericka
I think you should get a medal! Preschooler and teenager? That's purple heart material there.

June 1, 2008 at 8:08 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Julian said...

I'll take a look, Mari. We do have a pool membership but that quickly loses its appeal. My oldest does have his first job this year. He's going to work a traveling carnival. I'm looking forward to funnel cake every weekend!

June 1, 2008 at 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home