Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm here - and I'm inspired

Hello readers!

I know I've been missing in action for a little while, but I am back now and feeling pretty terrific. You know that run down feeling you get when it's been too long since you've had a break/vacation/breathing space? Well that was me for about a month, but I am back from five days of heaven on earth and my batteries are recharged.

Where was I?

The "Remember The Magic" conference of the International Women's Writer's Guild (www.iwwg.com). I spent five days at Skidmore College connecting with other writers and my own muse and I am ready for the months ahead.

The Guild is open to all women writers, published or not, and is the best use of $45 that I can think of. The monthly newsletter comes backed with info and paying markets, membership includes a list of Guild supporting agents, and then there's the discount to their conferences and events. I have a book that I am pitching to agents in New York in October at their "Big Apple Workshop" and I am totally excited.

I learned new ways to create my characters, develop plot, and beat writer's block... or mom's exhaustion, which kicks in a lot more often. I have rarely been around a group of more supportive and talented (and non-competitve) women. You can email me at rowan@rowanwesterotica.com if you have any questions or want to hear more about the conference. Or go to the Guild's site. You will NOT be sorry.

Off to my work in progress!

May you be filled with inspiration,
Rowan

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home