Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm off!

Well, I'm headed off to San Francisco for a 5-day family vacation, followed by 4 days of The Romance Writer's of America annual conference. I get to meet my agent for the first time! And I love San Francisco...but....

Okay. I'm an introvert, and the idea of spending four days with over a thousand other romance writers and industry professionals is more than a little daunting. I'm worried I'll smell, or I'll get a big pimple, or I'll have foot-in-mouth disease (in front of my agent? or one of my publishers! aaaack!)... I'm not the kind of person to come up with off-the-cuff witty conversation, I'm more at home in sweats than pretty dresses and heels...and make-up? Don't get me started.

Sigh. I know it's going to be fun. I had a great time last year, and this year will only be better, because I know more people and get to do more fun things. So wish me luck & clear skin, and I'll see you all on August 4. Be good, everyone! ;-)

Dawn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home