Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The lusty month of May

That lovely month when everyone throws self control away.

The kids are blowing dandelion seeds. The snowblower has been exchanged for the lawnmower. And the last opened ski slope closed last week in Maine. Spring has come to New England. The boys come home from school and rush back outside. Dinner is lighter fare. Heck, everything is lighter and I am feeling more productive as I come out of that end of winter hibernation feeling.

I'm not a hot weather person (I can always put *on* more clothes - can't always take enough off), but there's something about the rejeneration of spring that I can't help but enjoy. I can walk by the river at night. Play baseball in the back with my sons. Get rid of the bulky coats. Buy more varieties of fruit. Soon it will be time for the first barbeque.

And there is something about feeling the sun on my skin that always does give me that lusty feeling. I've had two new big ideas for stories this past week, which is making it hard to keep my head focused on my current work in progress - a sexy Cinderella retelling. Aah... those sexy thoughts. For a writer, it's like chocolate - oh so so sweet.

I hope you're enjoying spring whereever you are. And were you humming along at the beginning of the blog? Do you know where those words/lyrics come from? Post your answer and the first one to get it right wins a deck of Ellora's Cave silver series playing cards where ROLL PLAY is the Queen of Hearts.

Happy May,
Rowan

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rowan,
Does it come from the musical Camelot? :)

~Ali

May 8, 2008 at 3:46 AM  
Blogger Rowan West said...

Hooray, Ali! Yes it does. Email me at rowan@rowanwesterotica.com with your address and I'll send you the playing cards.

Congratulations. A woman who loves musicals just like me :)

Warmly, Rowan

May 8, 2008 at 9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rowan, you're soooo right, I love musicals... both old and new, like RENT, one of the ones I love watching over and over right now, lol. I even have my baby sister, the Brat, watching musicals with me, lol. Her favorite though, she's 6, is High School Musical, lol.

~Ali

May 8, 2008 at 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home