Thursday, March 27, 2008

It's Been A Good Week


I got my first ever review this week for SEDUCED BY MAGIC.

4 1/2 stars from Romantic Times.

And I quote: "...sparkles with fantasy. Fairies, satyrs, werewolves and deities populate Julian's world, but they're so well crafted that they're completely believable, and smoldering erotic scenes develop the protagonists' relationship...this story is unpredictable and fascinating, setting the stage for what are sure to be highly anticipated sequels."

Can I tell you excited I am? You should be able to see my grin through the screen. Whenever I think about it, I get a happy little smile. Why? It's all about validation.

Writing is a solitary profession for the most part. Sure, after we sell, we have an editor to help us along and sometimes before we sell we have critique partners. But mostly we sit in front of a computer, typing away on a keyboard while the story runs in our head and we hope like hell it comes out right on the screen. When we're finished and we send our baby out into the world, we're justifiably nervous. Okay, terrified, but if we let that consume us we would never write.

And having someone I don't know tell me they enjoyed my story, that makes all of rest of it--the rejections, the frustration, the setbacks and the occasional writer's block--worthwhile.

Because someone else likes my baby. And that's even better than chocolate. Most days.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger CatherineBerlin said...

WoW! Great review!

March 30, 2008 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Julian said...

Thanks Catherine, I'm still grinning!

April 3, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home