Monday, March 31, 2008

The best lesson I've learned since getting published...

First of all let me apologize for being MIA the past few weeks. I had two kids home from school 2 different weeks and I have been working on finishing my half of a book I am co authoring...... So today is my day here and the topic of the day fits perfectly... I've actually been thinking a lot about different lessons I've learned since getting published. It seems like every blog I read there is some kind of drama going on with either publishers going out of business or authors getting the short end of the (contract) stick. And believe me, from surviving a few publishers (Venus, MG, TF) there have been some incredible lessons learned.

Before you sign on with a publisher look and see the names of authors who are already there. Email them and ask if they are happy with the publisher. Chances are if they aren't they will tell you.

I'd say the best lesson I've learned is to go with your gut instinct. If things don't seem right to you, don't just accept the contract. Wait it out and find a publisher that you think will make you happy. Don't settle. Your work is too important.

take care,

Annmarie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home