Monday, August 20, 2007

Juggling writing and a life


Monday! Boy is Red glad to see you! Now really, friends. You have no idea how happy I am to say goodbye to last week. Yes, last week is not a memory I treasure. Nope. Last week can be sure I never want it to come back again - ever! Because last week everyone in the whole world seemed to be conspiring against me. I was sure they all had one purpose only: to keep me from my computer!

First, the school supplies for the kids. The list looked mighty simple, true, but it took plenty of hours and several visits to the store to complete. And when I'd swear I'd checked something already something more seemed to magically appear, making the list seem never-ending!

Next, mother's visit. Mother just has to have all the attention; she won't have it any other way, lol! So yes, I had to take mom sightseeing and even ended up visiting doctors, waiting endlessly for hours.

Then, the home suddenly filthied itself like a pig. It's true! And I didn't do it, I swear! But suddenly I took a good look at it and it was pitiful. Begging for a little TLC. So there goes Red a cleaning, a wiping, a vaccuuming, a washing, and a wearying herself miserably.
The phone never stopped ringing. The doorbell competed against it. And just everything felt crazy!

One thing helped me through the week, though; and that was the thought of a lazy weekend, punching the keyboard all through the day and night with a vengeance.

Well.

Think again, Red! You're not writing anything this weekend either! Kids, family, friends, all came up with something to keep me away from my lonely Puter. At night I was so tired I just stared at the Puter longingly and plopped down on the bed.

The truth is, I love family, life, and whatnot, but for some reason, I can't bear it when I am not allowed to write for several days in a row. I start getting a little frustrated. A little desperate. And a little moody. Because the story won't stop dancing in my head until I put it down on paper, and when I can't get that relief, it feels a little like torment. Okay, ALOT like torment. And it makes me ill.

Okay but that's history! Gone! Adios! Goodbye!

This is a new week here. Kids school supplies are bought. The house is clean. Mom's back home with Dad. And I just sat down with my gorgeous Puter with flutters in my stomach and a big dopey smile on my face.

Hello, old friend. Ready to party? Because some very stubborn people are aching to be heard!

How do YOU manage your writing time or / job with your personal life?

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn Halliday said...

Ahhh, Red! I can relate!! How do I balance it all? Umm...every day is a struggle.

Fortunately school starts today. That should help. *g*

August 21, 2007 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Red Garnier said...

LOL, Dawn!!! =) School starting MOST definitely helps!

August 23, 2007 at 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home