Friday, August 17, 2007

It’s August 17th – do you know where your dream is?


Today is a day I have been waiting for, for more than twenty years. I’m often asked when I knew I wanted to be a writer and the truth is, I don’t remember. I don’t remember ever not wanting it. I guess because I always have been a writer. As for being an author, I knew I wanted to be published by my late teens.

I was forty on my last birthday. This is a dream a long time coming. And yet, I am not sorry about how long it took, or frustrated by any turns that my life took before getting here. I am where I want to be right now. Which is what matters most.

In addition to being an author, I am a wife, mother… and about 20 more titles, like most women. My sons are 7½ and 4½ . It is not easy to write with kids around. It’s not easy to do anything with kids around. But things get done. And dreams are reached.

Whatever you have dreamed about, whatever you have held in your heart for yourself – GO FOR IT. It is never too late. It is never the wrong time. Because you know what age you will be when you get your dream? The same age you will be if you don’t go for it.

You deserve your dreams.
Your dreams deserve your time.

Please join me in celebrating the release of ROLL PLAY from Ellora’s Cave today by toasting yourself and acknowledging the dream that you want to have in your life. I am proof – it can be yours!

Warmly,
Rowan

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Huge congratulations, Rowan. I am SO excited for you! May this be the first of many books to come.

Being able to live our dreams, to wake up each morning smiling because we know that we’ll be doing what we love, is a precious gift we give ourselves. It comes from a tiny nugget that grows and eventually blossoms into a wonderful thing called belief. And you’ve got that, Rowan! That’s what it’s all about.

Enjoy your very special day, my friend. I’m toasting to you! :-D

August 17, 2007 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger Red Garnier said...

How beautiful. Mine is right here, and like you, I am lucky enough to be living it. Huge congratulations!!!! Lots of love! Red

August 17, 2007 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger Mari said...

Congrats Rowan and Red on your new releases!!!! Isn't it nice to live your dreams?

August 18, 2007 at 8:59 AM  
Blogger Dawn Halliday said...

Huge congrats, Rowan and Red! I'm so, SO happy for you!!!

August 21, 2007 at 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home