Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Desert Lords, Sheikhs....Bad Boys in the Sand

Okay, I have a thing for men who are downright rogues....bad boys at heart. I love it. So it seemed perfectly natural to pick writing about a sheikh. Had to be done eventually. One of my favorite books of all time is Johanna Lindsey's Captive Bride. The story has stayed with me for years. I need to go out and get a new copy and re-read it.

Anyway, I am writing a short novella entitled Stolen by the Sheikh for
Red Rose Publishing. Looks as though it will come out ASAP to launch their "Desert Rose" line. Here's the blurb:

Morocco, 1912

Lady Christine Langtry travels to Casablanca after receiving a desperate
message from her husband. Upon her arrival, she discovers that he’d been
murdered. While there she catches the eye of Sheikh Zafar bin Hassan and is
stolen right from the street. She is then taken to a remote oasis outside the
city and held as his prisoner.

With one heated glance of her golden hair and curvaceous body, Zafar
decides to take her as payment for Lord Langtry's past crimes. Zafar will make
the British widow bend to his will and be the vessel of his vengeance.

Anger reigns beneath the desert sun, but by the moon’s glow, passion and
desire dominates. Christine succumbs to the touch of the handsome sheikh,
surrendering her body to his possessive kisses and commanding caresses. But can
she relinquish her heart to a man bent on using her for revenge? Why does Zafar
seek retribution? Is Zafar ruthless enough in his purpose for revenge to murder?
Hmm I wonder if I should admit to having watched the silent movie The Son of the Sheikh starring legend Rudolph Valentino? Nahhh.


Marianne LaCroix
SEA HAWK'S MISTRESS, Available at Ellora's Cave
CROSSED SWORDS, Coming from Ellora's Cave
www.mariannelacroix.com

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Red Garnier said...

Looking good, Mari! And I just finished BEAST IN MY BE - what a great book!!!! Fabulous quickie!
Red

August 9, 2007 at 9:55 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

:)

Glad you liked it!! I read SPIN IT AGAIN....man, intense!!! I'm inspired to write an exotika.

Mari

August 11, 2007 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Red Garnier said...

Oh, I hope you do. I'd love to read an Exotika of yours. =)

August 18, 2007 at 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home