Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Mari's 2008 Outlook

Hey everyone.

I don't know about most of you, but I am drained from the holidays. Is it me, or is it really hard to get back into the swing of things? I am trying. I went to my local chapter writer meeting this past weekend and got some valuable help with m current WIP's plot. I am working on a Harlequin submission. I really like the Presents line, so I am giving it a shot. There is a contest going on for aspiring authors to win a Presents editor for a year. Check it out over at iheartpresents.com. It would be great for someone just starting out. I asked about ebook published authors entering and I wasn't specifically responded to about it other than the prize is NOT a contract but advice from an editor. I don't know, but getting before an editor is key, not necessarily winning. A contract is the goal, right?

Yeah, my goal for 2008 is to get into NY. Yes, I do have a novella coming out from Pocket, and I am thrilled about it. However, I want more. I am making the effort this year to sub to Harlequin. Not necessarily the SPICE line though. I am pretty happy writing erotic for EC, and my NY desire to write erotic is not overwhelming. I'd be happier writing more along the mainstream lines like Presents, Blaze or Nocturne. I did sub to Nocturne last year and it was rejected. No big. I got lots of ideas, but I haven't been reading much paranormal.

I love my pirates at EC and plan to continue them there. They like my pirates, and I am content to let them have fun in the Cave. Yes, I am planning sequels to Sea Hawk's Mistress and Crossed Swords, but I am focusing on Harlequin right now.

At the moment I have a few things planned for 2008 on the release slate:

Royal Bondage, Pocket Books (May 2008)
Pirate's Mistress, Ellora's Cave (early 2008 - in time for RT)

I am planning on a few conferences this year. I plan on RT, of course. Also I intend to go to the Southern Lights conference in Jacksonville, FL. Later in the year I plan on the Atlanta Moonlight & Magnolias conference. I want to go to the Chicago Spring Fling and RWA Nationals, but we will see about those.

So, Muses, what is the outlook for 2008??

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn Halliday said...

Yay, Mari! We'll be rooting you on every step of the way. GOOD LUCK in the Presents contest--that sounds fantastic!

January 11, 2008 at 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home