Friday, August 24, 2007

TGIF!!!

What a week.
What a summer.

Seriously, this summer was tough. My agent unhappy with my new novel. Tough critiques. A painful rejection. My kids fighting like cats and dogs. Endless heat. Worst of all--no writing. I was so swamped in the day job, I just couldn't. I work from home and kept the kids here all summer--what was I thinking not sending them to camp?

It all culminated this week with absolutely no writing, lots of kid drama, and extreme stress at the day job. On Tuesday, I was in tears--at my wit's end.

But now...the kids are finally back in school (not without lots of stress involving me pulling my son out and threatening to homeschool, LOL!), the day job is sort of under control, and the routine has started again. I'm sitting in my office alone, doing revisions for one publisher and dreaming of a new story, my first paranormal. It's so exciting...I'm back! I'm writing again! And oh, how I love it!

I learned a valuable lesson this summer. I have to write. It has to be a priority because it's imperative for my mental wellbeing. And I have to write for myself first. I can't force it. I can only hope that my love for what I do will translate for some publisher, and later for readers. But this is something I must do. It is who I am.

What about you? Why do you write?

1 Comments:

Blogger Red Garnier said...

Dawn that sounds just like my dereaded summer, LOL!!!

I am so glad you're writing again, that kids are back in school, and you're venturing into the paranormal...the possibilities are endless. I am sharing in your joy! =)

August 24, 2007 at 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home